The Vacation Gals
Seven years ago today Jennifer Miner, Beth Blair and I launched The Vacation Gals. Together the three of us have been through two site redesigns (one little, one big), family moves (one out-of-state and two practically down the street), and all of the trials and tribulations that come with working from home while simultaneously running a co-owned website and raising busy (busy!) children and traveling as often as our schedule allows. When we launched The Vacation Gals, Jen’s daughter was just a tween, and now she’s applying to colleges! Beth’s toddler was a mere twinkle in her eye! It’s a bit wild to think how much our lives have evolved in the seven years since The Vacation Gals became a reality, namely in the growth of our children. And in my instance, we’re talking literal growth: My then 7-year-old son was 4’6″ and now he’s a 6’4″ high school freshman!
Yet, you’ll find no seven-year-itch here; we’re in this game for the long-haul, especially with the expanded focus our blog brings to the table as of last year: Adventures Away and Happiness at Home. We’re planning to continue sharing our favorite destinations for travel — whether that’s for family vacations, solo journeys or trips just with our husbands — as well as some places we like to explore in our own backyards and things that make us happy at home.
To celebrate our seven years of friendship and partnership (not to mention a recent “Best Blog” win in the 2016 SATW Central States Chapter writing awards) , we decided to pull together a couple of fun giveaways. Read what’s included in these two different giveaway packages, and then enter to win!
***Scroll down for both entry forms***
Thanks, as always, for your support over the years. We truly appreciate your readership.
Travel & Wellness Package Giveaway
Included in this giveaway are:
- One pair of Travel Yoga Pants from Betabrand. We’ll order them in your size to ensure fit! I’ve been wearing mine around town, on a road trip, and they’ll be coming with me on my cross-country plane trip later this fall.
- An array of items from Aurorae: A swim and sport microfiber towel, yoga mat carrier/sling and thick yoga mat in bright, upbeat colors.
- Eustachi. This nifty gadget helps you relieve pain from pressure in the ears — use it on the plane or when driving over high mountain passes or hiking in high altitudes.Beth says it works well!
- Logitech’s Logi ZeroTouch. This car mount and voice-controlled app reduces distracted driving. The Logi ZeroTouch in this giveaway attaches to a car’s air vent, and voice-to-text, Waze, steaming music, and geolocation sharing are all instantly available, hands-free. All without even a glance at our smartphones.
- Mephisto “The Original” shoes. These comfy shoes great for travel were originally designed in 1972 as a new type of leisure shoe, and Mephisto is reintroducing them to trendsetters today. The Mephisto LADY (or corresponding men’s Mephisto RAINBOW) has a vintage look, but has been updated in new leathers and hot fall colors. If you win, you can pick your size, style (men’s or women’s) and color!
- Packing cubes from Lewis N. Clark. I wrote about these versatile packing cubesafter using them on my river-rafting adventure in the Grand Canyon. We’ll send our winner the ElectroLight Expandable Packing Tube, and the Expandable Packing Cubes (2-Pack), Micro Packing, Mini Expandable Cubes.
Baby & Toddler Gear Giveaway
You could win:
- Munch Mitt* is a great teether for travel because it stays on the baby’s hand and doesn’t get dropped.
- Chemical-free and Reusable Hand & Face Cleaning Kit* from e-cloth is a handy, chemical-free way to clean your baby’s face and hands when traveling.
- BabyBum Brush, Travel Case and Diaper Changing Glove-Saks cover all your baby’s diapering needs while on the go.
- Marcus & Marcus collapsible bowl* is ideal to pack in your diaper bag and then use in restaurants for on-the-go feeding.
- Rocket Silicone Dispensing Feeding Spoon makes for easy feeding.
- InRoad Toys’ NEW Hot Wheels PlayTape. Unroll this tape on the floor — carpet, hardwood or vinyl (doesn’t matter!) — to make roads for your toddler or preschooler to zoom his or her toy cars around on. Instant entertainment at airport gates!
* Starred items are some of Hollie Naddour’s favorite travel baby items.